Pages

Tuesday 29 March 2016

Second look at the 12th Gen

Back in 2014 I made a post aboout the newly announced 12th gen of morning musume. Now that the announcement 13th gen is drawing ever closer, let's see how my opinions have changed.


Nonaka Miki
 "Taking advantage of my experiences until now, and moreover, polishing my skills I'd like to catch up with the senpais"
Back in 2014 I ranked Miki as my 3rd favorite 12th gen member. Let's just say my mind has been completly changed. She is the top contender for the esteemed position of my favorite MM member after Zukki graguates. First I was attracted by her performance in the audition footage and her mad english skillz. However, what really got me on her side was when I read that after winning a solo performance of her choice in the Hello Pro Station english corner (a rigged contest if there ever was one) she asked Zukki to perform with her! Isn't she the most darling creampuff ever! I unsure of what her motivations were (to show her appreciation to a respected senpai, to earn the love of zukki fans everywhere) but whatever it was, she has definately suceeded!

 Makino Maria
 "Ten years from now, I hope I'll be the leader of Morning Musume. I'm a big fan of Michishige Sayumi. I want to devote myself to Morning Musume like she did."
  Maria has dropped in my ranking but not through any fault of her own. She is one of the most beautiful members of MM and has some of the best performance skills in the 12th gen. I don't really know why she dropped off the radar for me, maybe I set my expectations to high to early... Anyway she's still a great addition to the group and possibly the best performance-wise out of 12th gen. I just can't really say she's my favorite right now... However watching her performance of Daite yo! PLEASE GO ON really makes me want to reconsider...

 Haga Akane
 "In 10 years, I'll be 23. I want stay in Morning Musume. And I want to look back when I'm 23 and be glad I worked hard. So I'm going to push myself harder in rehearsals."
When I first saw Haa-chin was in the group I was... underwhelmed... I didn't really see what she brought to the group. She never really stood out amoung the eggs to me like Maria did. I'm still not fully convinced why she was chosen to be honest, but I'm truly glad she was! She is seriously cute and seems to be serious about her role in MM. Her performance skills leave something to be desired but to be honest that's not a huge part of being an idol anyway and I am certain Haa-chin has huge potential as an idol.

 Ogata Haruna
"I'll work hard to increase my amount of practice so I'll be able to follow along with the things like singing and dancing I can't do as well as others"
 I was disapointed with her when I saw the audition footage... I still liked her but I was expecting so much more. She is definately the prettiest in the generation and stands out due to her past time as a figure skater. She's not really my favorite of the generation but I'm not sure she has had the chance to shine yet. I always love her solo shots in MVs since she always looks gorgeous.


So as you can see my opinions have changed greatly over the last two years. It just goes to show, when the 13th gen are announced and I write a post reacting to it, all my opinions will have completely changed in just a few years so don't take anything I say too seriously.
For those who are interested this is my currant ranking of MM16 members.

12. Ishida Ayumi
11. Ikuta Erina
10. Ogata Haruna
9. Fukumura Mizuki
8. Oda Sakura
7. Makino Maria
6. Haga Akane
5. Iikubo Haruna
4. Kudo Haruka
3. Sato Masaki
2. Nonaka Miki
1. Suzuki Kanon

No comments:

Post a Comment