Pages

Sunday 7 August 2016

Hokkaido Kenshuusei and a Surprise Graduation

This post is a little late but I just got back from my holiday in Wales which is not known for it's excellent Wifi.


Let's start with the good news, we finally have results for the Hokkaido audition. Here we have the 7 new Hello Pro Hokkaido Kenshuusei. Points of interest include that they are all on the young side (the oldest being 12) and all but one being from Sapporo.
I'm going to give my first impressions of each member individually but first I should point out my first impresions are almost always exclusively wrong (see my first impressions of the 12th gen compared to my opinions on them now).




Ota Haruka

Aged 12
Enrolled at Theatre Academy where she was a member of the units Ribbon Girls and Clione.
Oldest member but also the shortest.
Seems to be quite sporty (she like skiing, dancing and swimming)


Sato Hikari
Aged 12
Very cute in an unconventional way.
Looks up to Sato Masaki (and shares her surname and home city) .


Ishiguri Kanami
Aged 12
Has a dog called Ruru
Only one day younger than Sato Hikari
Does ballet
Another cutie, I really like that ponytail.


Kawano Minori
Aged 12
Enrolled at Actors Studio and Voice Works Vivo.
Has a lot of interesting hobbies: plays guitar, does calligraphy and enjoys sending messages to radio shows.
It doesn't show well in the picture above but she is quite pretty and has an aura that I like around her.


Kitagawa Ryo
Aged 12 
Only member not from Sapporo. Is from Rankoshi, a town with a population of only 5597 people.
Likes cutting rice crops and caring for stray cats.
Very pretty and looks mature for her age.
I'd like for her to join Country Girls (since she seems like a true Country Girl) or Morning Musume.
Seems to be the most popular member (at least within the English speaking fandom)


Kudo Yume
Age 11
Very cute
Plays Piano 
Loves Hello Project


Yamazaki Mei
Age 11
Tiny Cute Baby! 
I desparately want a unit with her, Kirara and Momohime. It would be too perfect.


 Sadly, this news also has a sour note. Inaba Manaka graduated from Country Girls dues to her asthma.





This news wasn't completely unexpected since it's not uncommon for members to graduate over health issues (Aika, Kanna, Eri, Fuyuka) but it was especially sad since she was my second favorite member (after Momoko). I mean, she was the heart of Country Girls, she was cute, an awesome dancer and she was the only member to uphold the origional ideal of Country Musume members being from Hokkaido. The good news is she doesn't seem to have left the UF so she might return as a soloist or maybe help out the new Hokkaido girls.



No comments:

Post a Comment