Pages

Thursday 23 November 2017

Hello Project units I'd like to see (and some I've already seen but want to see more of)

Generally I think Hello Project has improved in a lot of ways since I first became a fan. The girls are as cute as ever, this year has seen a large improvement in the quality of music videos, and I really like the musical direction most groups are going on. However, one thing the old h!p did 100% better than the new h!p was units. There have been so many excellent h!p units over the years, some short lived (like the annual shuffle units from 2000-2005) others left a much more lasting impression (such as Buono, the greatest unit h!p ever had...) some never even performed anything (that band thing that was announced and then abandoned). 
H!p has had shuffle units in recent years of course, there have been the hinafest units which perform a cover song once and are never heard from again, the satoyama units which... exist, those units they get to sing throwaway songs they release digitally. However, I long for the days of the likes of Buono, W, MilkyWay and Guardians 4.
For this reason I have taken it upon myself to share the units I think should be debuted under h!p, alongside some examples of current h!p units that need more attention.

Inaba Manaka-Ishida Ayumi-Morito Chisaki-Murota Mizuki



  • Dance focused group with Murota as lead singer. 
  • Ishida can rap at some point.
  • I want to see Inaba in an mv again.
Takase Kurumi-Kawamura Ayano
  • I've thought these two would make a good duo since their KSS days.
  • Takase is best h!p member and deserves more love.
  • Did I mention how Takase is a goddess?
Yamaki Risa-Fukumura Mizuki-Wada Ayaka-Miyazaki Yuka-Hirose Ayaka-Yamagishi Riko-Ichioka Reina

  • All the leaders together
  • Maybe add in Inaba Manaka since she's leader of Hokkaido KSS (and possibly Inoue Hikaru too).
  • Could also have a similar unit of sub leaders (Ikuta Erina-Iikubo Haruna-Nakanishi Kana-Takeuchi Akari-Tomoko Kanazawa-Risa Ogata) and have them be rivals

Ozeki Mai-Haga Akane-Sasaki Rikako


  • This is the most random one so far but i feel like they could make a nice genki group together.
  • I want to see more of Akane
  • Ozeki hasn't got much to do right now


Hirose Ayaka-Onoda Saori-Hamaura Ayano
  • Next gen Buono
  • Hirose=Airi
  • Onoda=Momoko
  • Hamaura=Miyabi
  • It took a lot of umming and errring to decide on these tree girls and I'm still not entirely sold but I think these three fit what I'm going for best.

Next up is units I'd like to see more of

Inoue Rei and Inoue Hikaru
  • If there's one thing I like, its units with really cheesy concepts.
  • Also Hikaru deserves this
  • Both girls are good singers and this song is cool too.
Ichioka Reina, Takase Kurumi, Kawamura Ayano, Danbara Ruru, and Kiyono Momohime
  • Some of the best performers out of the KSS at the time
  • Really cool song
  • The only down side I see is how young Momohime is (it seems wierd to have a group of four 15-18 year olds and then one 12 year old, especially because Purin also looks super young).

No comments:

Post a Comment